Coolum Beach, Australia or remote.
Cultivate Communications seeks a Communications Officer to join our team. This is a full-time position for an initial period of two years, with the possibility to extend. There is an option to work in our agency studio located in Coolum Beach, Australia, or online as a remote position. For applicants who plan to work from home, this position is open to those who are based in Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Asia for time zone purposes.
This position would suit an experienced communications or marketing professional who wants to take the next step in their career and has a demonstrated interest in our area of work. We seek a self-motivated professional who embodies our agency values (purpose, integrity, collaboration, learning and quality) and is motivated to support the work of our clients towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support project management and liaise with clients on the delivery of contracts.
- Create original content including blogs, newsletters, infographics and articles.
- Support the production of videos and animations, such as concept development, narrative creation, script writing and asset sourcing, working closely with the video producer and motion graphics designer.
- Write original and engaging social media content tailored for specific clients, social media channels and audiences, and monitor notifications and incoming messages.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns of varying sizes.
- Contribute to the creation of communication and social media strategies, tailored for client’s needs.
- Identify emerging trends, innovative approaches and new social media formats to support key performance indicator growth.
- Connect with and manage social media influencers through our Klear database.
- Identify and connect with journalists from our Meltwater media contact database.
- Track social media and website metrics and key performance indicators, producing monthly, quarterly and annual analytics reports.
- Work with our Graphic Designer to produce social media and web graphics.
- Publish content to client websites that use WordPress and Drupal.
- Support internal initiatives for community growth, engaging with existing and potential clients.
- Support business development and marketing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- Three to five years professional experience in communications, marketing or public relations, including managing social media accounts.
- Experience in digital outreach, social media and website metrics.
- Demonstrated experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and TikTok.
- Experience working with Buffer, Google Analytics, Klear and Meltwater an advantage.
- Understanding of international development, science communication or agricultural research.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Second language competency in a UN language is an advantage.
- Pays great attention to detail and thoroughly checks work.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and energetic.
- Able to find creative solutions.
- An analytical thinker who can interpret social media and web analytics.
- Excellent time management skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Curious communicator who is looking to learn and grow in their role.
- A team player with outstanding interpersonal communications skills.
- Superannuation for Australian residents and citizens
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Christmas closedown
- 4-weeks annual leave
- Professional development support