Coolum Beach, Australia or remote.
Cultivate Communications seeks a Communications Assistant to join our team. This is a full-time position for an initial period of one year, with the possibility to extend. There is an option to work in our agency studio located in Coolum Beach, Australia, or online as a remote position. For applicants who plan to work from home, this position is open to those who are based in Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Asia for time zone purposes.
This position would suit an early career communications or marketing professional who is eager to learn and grow in their role, and has a demonstrated interest in our area of work. We seek a self-motivated professional who embodies our agency values (purpose, integrity, collaboration, learning and quality) and is motivated to support the work of our clients towards the achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage multiple client social media accounts on a daily basis across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, interacting with followers to drive engagement.
- Write original and engaging social media posts tailored for specific clients, social media channels and audiences.
- Closely track metrics and produce monthly reports with corresponding analysis.
- Identify emerging trends, innovative approaches and new social media formats to boost community engagement.
- Work closely with our Communication Specialists to support the creation of social media and communication campaigns, including preparing social media toolkits.
- Work with our Graphic Designer to produce social media and web graphics.
- Write original content including blogs, news posts and newsletters, and source corresponding images from databases.
- Publish content to client websites using WordPress.
- Identify and shortlist social media influencers through our Klear database.
- Support the production of videos by sourcing b-roll and music, identifying and coordinating voice over talent.
- Support the production of infographics by writing content, conceptualising designs and working closely with the Graphic Designer to create the product.
- Two-years or more experience in communications, marketing or public relations, including managing social media accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or journalism.
- Must have an understanding of, or interest in, international development, sustainability, environment or agricultural research.
- Experience working in communications for these sectors is a significant advantage.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Experience working with Buffer, Meltwater and TikTok an advantage.
- Native or equivalent written and spoken English.
Personal attributes and
- Pays great attention to detail and thoroughly checks work.
- Able to find creative solutions.
- Analytical thinker who can interpret social media and web analytics.
- Excellent time management skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Reliable and self-motivated worker.
- Curious communicator who is looking to learn and grow in their role.
- A team player with great interpersonal communications skills.